Midnite Solar 30 Amp 12 – 48 VDC MPPT Charge Controller
This medium-sized MPPT charge controller from Midnite Solar is a versatile option for your solar, wind, or hydro system.
|Applications||Solar, Wind, Hydro|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||9-1/4″ x 3-5/16″ x 6-9/16″|
|Rated Current||30 A|
|Operating Voltage||12 V – 48 V|
|Midnite Solar The Kid|
The Kid is the most versatile medium-sized charge controller on the market. Ideal for small RE systems. As the need for power grows, throw on another Kid for twice the power from a single PV array, wind turbine or hydro. This is the only medium sized listed controller in the country that meets all the requirements of NEC 2011.
- Solar, Wind, or Hydro modes
- MPPT tracking
- True paralleling – Inputs and Outputs
- Up to 120V input
- MidNite’s exclusive HyperVOS extends the input voltage beyond 120 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Load / Clipper function user selectable. Clipper function is used on wind and hydro and requires an additional load
- 30 Amps out
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp sensor included w/marine version
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load / clipper
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Optional boat mount bracket available)
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
The Kid allows two 72 cell modules in series to charge a 48V battery bank or three 60 cell modules in series in warmer climates (45° F and above_. The Kid’s HyperVOC feature allows up to 168VOC but stops charging at 120V.
Click here to run the Kid Sizing Tool – A great way to configure your Kid Solar system!