Midnite Solar Kid Marine > 30 Amp 12 – 48 VDC MPPT Charge Controller (Marine)
This medium-sized MPPT charge controller from Midnite Solar is a versatile option for your solar, wind, or hydro system.
The Kid Marine
|Applications||Solar, Wind, Hydro|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||9-1/4″ x 3-5/16″ x 6-9/16″|
|Rated Current||30 A|
|Operating Voltage||12 V – 48 V|
|Midnite Solar The Kid|
The marine version of the MidNite Solar Kid charge controller is available in both black and white versions. Please choose your color from the drop down menu above when ordering. The Kid is MidNite Solar’s newest charge controller. It uses MPPT technology to minimize power loss from your solar panels. The unit is capable of charging battery banks at 12VDC, 24VDC, 36VDC and 48VDC. The Kid is designed to work with solar panels and will also work with wind and hydro systems once the firmware update is released in second quarter of 2014. It also has the ability to give amperage readings with the optional Whiz Bang Jr and a 50mv/500A shunt.
- Solar, Wind, or Hydro modes
- MPPT tracking
- True paralleling – Inputs and Outputs
- Up to 120V input
- MidNite’s exclusive HyperVOS extends the input voltage beyond 120 VOC for cold climates
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Load / Clipper function user selectable. Clipper function is used on wind and hydro and requires an additional load
- 30 Amps out
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp sensor included w/marine version
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery, input and load / clipper
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter (Optional boat mount bracket available)
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
The Kid allows two 72 cell modules in series to charge a 48V battery bank or three 60 cell modules in series in warmer climates (45° F and above_. The Kid’s HyperVOC feature allows up to 168VOC but stops charging at 120V.
Click here to run the Kid Sizing Tool – A great way to configure your Kid Solar system!